Thursday 4 June 2009

Humble and Arrogant people


I just did something inappropriate, out of anger and angst for someone.



How long has it been since I've lost my temper? Very long, maybe it was about 9/10 months or so. The last incident was with 5 uniformed policemen trying to abuse their authority. I gave them a mouthful, I was not afraid of them since I knew my rights. I'm usually a patient and forgiving person, I rarely go into an outburst. The usual things that I get pissed about are:


1. Arrogant people
2. ...


I can't think of something else. Other people say that when you meet a person like that, you say a prayer for them and just let them be. I do that, this big idiot just pushed a button.



Been reading a book related to this - "After you - Can humble people prevail" by Roger Fritz. Has a lot of thoughts on how disadvantaged Arrogant people are compared to humble people. Thoughts inside the book are:

Why Arrogance is Vulnerable: How to Test Your Selfishness Quotient (SQ)
Loyalty Works Both Ways:
The Signals of Contempt
The Upside of Defeat: The Real Sources of Power
When Pride Goes Too Far: Who Follows “Me First” People?
How to Identify Pretenders: Must Winners Be Overbearing?
Quiet Dignity: How to Detect False Modesty
Random Acts of Kindness: Can You Get Ahead When You Step Aside?
Defining Moments: When Credit is Shared
No Need to Get Even: How Humble People Make a Difference
Why Egotists are Lonely: How Vanity Thrives

An ineresting enough read for the concerned. A lot of people forget how important humility is. I guess it depends on the person if he can take the conversations behind his back, we all know how people talk about you behind your back.

What do you do with arrogant people? how do you deal with them?

No comments: